International Journal of Business and Social Science

ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021 (Online) DOI: 10.30845/ijbss


Determinants of Awareness on Islamic Financial Institution E-Banking among Malaysian SMEs
Norudin Mansor, Anita Md. Shariff, Noor Rohaya Abdul Manap

This paper explored the awareness of e-banking services offered by Islamic Financial Institution (IFI) among the Small Medium Enterprise (SME) in service sector. The study focused on three factors such as promotion, technology and service quality as independent variable. These are believed to be undertaking the premier role towards the awareness of this sector as measured by applications of e-banking in their daily transaction. It is further assumed that the application also will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency in managing their business. Using a sample of 358 respondents, questionnaires were collected and analyzed. Based on the analysis, 57 percent of the result are able to explain the role of all selected independent variables on their significant relationship with dependent variables while the remaining of 43 percent were unexplained. The finding further demonstrated that variables such as promotion, technology and service quality indicated almost similar moderate strength in terms of their relationship towards the creation of awareness among the SMEs. However variable concerning promotion shows it is relatively higher importance compared to the other two variables as indicated by the result of correlation coefficient.

Full Text: PDF