International Journal of Business and Social Science

ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021 (Online) DOI: 10.30845/ijbss

Envisaged the Potential of Sustainable Sacred Tourism in Java Indonesia
Hengky, S. H.

Indonesian domestic tourism industries reach 123 million tourists in 2011 and contributed $16.35 Billion. This research conducted from July 2011 till December 2012, 304 respondents were collected by purposive and stratified sampling, in Java Island where were inhabited by 58% of total Indonesian peoples. The data was tabulated by content analysis. The objective of this research is to envisage the potential of sustainable sacred tourism in Java Indonesia. Based on sustainable tourism, the carrying out of sustainable sacred tourism in Java Island showed 57.89 percent are sustainable sacred tourisms. The rest 42.11 percent of sustainable sacred tourisms would be improved by implementing sustainable tourism concept. High-end sustainable operation shares the benefits of sustainable sacred tourism with surrounding communities through employment as trickle-down effects of revenue that result of it. The benefit from sustainable sacred tourism is not only to improve environmental performance, but it is also improving domestic tourist visitation up to 42 percent and market share of domestic tourism as well.

Full Text: PDF